Monday, October 11, 2004

The TV is LOCKED!

In your esteemed opinions, what is the best part about being the son or daughter of an Engineer (besides the great train rides, of course)?

My vote is the locked TV. Before V-chips (do they have those anymore?), blocked channels, or any other prevention, we got an actual physical lock. I don't remember what precipitated the installation of the device, but I do remember the hammering, drilling, and sawing out in the garage as the kids tried to pass blame to one another for making Dad mad. It must have been slightly satisfying for the parents to see lazy kids pushing the power button in vain. Parents 1, Kids 0.

Looking back, I think Dad was concerned about our collective inability to break-and-enter, so he devised a splendid place to practice the lock-picking skills we had learned from MacGyver and the sneaking into Mom's and Dad's room to find the hidden key we had learned from Link. Thank goodness we had TV to teach us that.

Pop quiz: What was MacGyver's first name? (Visit http://rdanderson.com/macgyver/macgyver.htm for this and other tasty MacGyver trivia)

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I've been breaking into televisions ever since.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home